[TUHS] C-news is built

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 07:14:12 AEST 2017

To get files into a 4.3BSD SIMH system the easiest way is with a Python
script that blockifies the file by outputting a 32 bits length (say 0x400),
then that many bytes, then the length again, and repeat for next block
until done. There is also a Perl version floating around which is popular
for canned SIMH scripts/packages. Then you mount this file on tm0 (if I
recall) in SIMH and then in the emulated system it appears at /dev/mt0. I
normally use tar in conjunction but it's not necessary (note star is a
highly compatible tar implementation, I think it is by Joerg from this
list, although I use actual 4.3BSD tar compiled for Linux and I think gnu
tar also works mostly). I can send the details later, I am using phone atm.
Nick