[TUHS] uucp protocol nits

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Sat Mar 11 08:10:09 AEST 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:34 PM, Ron Natalie <ron at ronnatalie.com> wrote:
>
> Anybody remember the Telebit trailblazer modems that snooped on the g
> protocol going through them?

The company I was at was one of the early resellers of the Trailblazer.  I have fond memories of hauling one out for an on-site demo for a company running some flavour of 3B2.  We hooked it up to a serial port, cu-ed out to our office server, and then I did a simple cat of a large text file to show off the throughput.

While the sysadmins drooled, a growing cohort of office workers started piling up outside the office door asking if the server was down.  The serial port interrupt load was enough to take out all the rest of the terminals in the office ;-)

--lyndon

(We didn't get the sale.  And AT&T stopped referring their customers to us.)