[TUHS] attachments: MIME and uuencode

Mary Ann Horton mah at mhorton.net
Mon Mar 13 09:43:32 AEST 2017

Uuencode was very basic.  It could be used for what later was called
"attachments", but it couldn't handle rich text message bodies, multiple
attachments, and it had security issues and UNIX-specific content.  The
coolness factor of Borenstein's original "let me sing you email" was all
it took to get us hooked.

     Mary Ann