[TUHS] attachments: MIME and uuencode

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Mar 13 10:00:14 AEST 2017

I used to have an undocumented mail service on my workstation at Sun.
I could send mail with a subject line specifying what I wanted and it
sent it to me.  Mainly used it when I was teaching at Stanford and I
wanted to grab stuff but couldn't get into Sun's network from the
outside.  In fact, just found the script, it only worked if I was
coming from lm at CS.Stanford.EDU or lm at Sunburn.Stanford.EDU so I must
have been worried about security.

I had a different one that I made available publicly that served up
all the papers in /u/lm/Doc/postscript/.

--
---