[TUHS] attachments: MIME and uuencode

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Mar 13 21:37:45 AEST 2017

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:
 |On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Doug McIlroy <[1]doug at cs.dartmouth.edu[/1]\
 |> wrote:
 |
 |  [1] mailto:doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
 |
 |And it's an annoying chore when companies I actually want
 |to deal with send receipts and the like in (godawful) HTML only.
 |
 |Or when your HR and Legal dept sends legal documents (like tax info \
 |and patent disclosures )  using XPS instead of PS or PDF and wonder \
 |why much of the
 |company can not or will not read it when "legal can read it just fine."

And market power is actively misused by major players, but which
is possibly the only natural aspect of them: Google simply uses
Cascading-Style-Sheets to create quotes, which is fine per se, but
it does this by using a "class gmail_quote" without giving the
actual definition of it, forcing everbody all around the world to
special treat "gmail_quote", otherwise it will look like above.
There is not even an external reference to the CSS.

  On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Doug McIlroy <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=

Turning off the HTML text part takes a button click (or took once
i looked last) ... and it turns out to be too much work.  Even
that.

--steffen