[TUHS] Does this mean Linux is now "officially branded UNIX"?

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:58:43 AEST 2017

On 13 March 2017 at 06:15, Joerg Schilling <schily at schily.net> wrote (in part):
> Given that there have been many problems last time, there was a collaboration
> between the Linux people and the OpenGroup:
>
>         http://www.opengroup.org/personal/ajosey/tr20-08-2005.txt
>
> I would guess that this company dod modify software inorder to become compliant.

As they note (http://developer.huawei.com/ict/en/site-euleros ):
Derived from the source-code for the CentOS distribution.  In due
course, I may try it.  If this actually works back to most
distributions, it *may* one day become possible to actually have
Linux-distro-derived code compile on Unix systems.

N.