[TUHS] System Economics (was is Linux "officially branded UNIX")

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Mar 15 04:31:32 AEST 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Jason Stevens <
jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com> wrote:

> ​i​
> t originally targeted the 68020

​It ran on the 68000 before the *20.   rms had access to Masscomp box we
gave him fairly early on.​ I remember pitching to our exec's trying to get
him more HW and trying explain who he was to them at the time.  That would
have been late 85.     He may have had access to that system before he got
a Sun but I don't remember.  That said, I'm sure the MC-500 was not the
first 68000 he had access.  I think he was using HW in Steve Ward's lab
that the Trix guys were developing with TI and he might have had access to
an Apollo system.  If we can find Jack test he might remember,  Noel do you
remember how that went down?