[TUHS] X, Suntools, and the like

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Mar 18 03:56:17 AEST 2017

> PARC _was_ Xerox.

I know PARC was XEROX, the part of my message you edited out clearly says
that.   The quote you misattributed to me was Arnold's.

> The concept of having a graphical front end as the main user interface was
not from the Alto, and the Alto didn't have icons either; both came later
(I'll let the Lisa people and Star people argue that one out).

Yeah, well they can argue, but it's pretty clear Xerox came first.   Of
course, neither the Star  or Lisa were really full fledged commercial
products, but one might argue they are both Alto follow ons.   Jobs had seen
the Alto at PARC before Lisa was very far along.