[TUHS] X, Suntools, and the like

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Sun Mar 19 02:59:01 AEST 2017

On Saturday, March 18, 2017, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen at sdaoden.eu> wrote:

> Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at orthanc.ca <javascript:;>> wrote:
>  |> On Mar 17, 2017, at 3:58 PM, Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>  |Doh!  It just strikes me that the term I have been missing is "window \
>  |manager."  Early Macs, Windows, Oberon, etc., were window managers.
>
> Not to forget GEOS on Commodore 64, years before Windows.

Actually it was not "years before Windows".  Windows 1.0 was released in
1985, while GEOS for Commodore 64 in 1986.  If we are talking about early
"window managers" I think it is desirable to also mention early text mode
window managers like PathMinder which was released before Windows, in
1984.

--Andy