[TUHS] X, Suntools, and the like

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 09:32:39 AEST 2017

There was a dude who came to our school in Melbourne Australia from the
United States, I would have been 13 so that makes it 1988. We had C64s and
this American dude loaded GEOS onto one and started using it for a bit of
stuff. We were flabbergasted as we didn't think the C64 was capable more
than just Logo or a few games, I think we might have had some terrible CBM
wordprocessor but GEOS kicked the pants off it. Sadly by this time we were
getting PC based and there was also a Mac 512k in head teacher's office
that you could use with permission. So it was not more than a novelty but I
still think that GEOS is an amazing bit of kit.
cheers Nick