[TUHS] Were all of you.. Hippies?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Mar 23 03:49:21 AEST 2017

    > From: Tim Bradshaw

    > I don't know about other people, but I think the whole dope thing is why
    > computer people tend *not* to be hippies in the 'dope smoking' sense.  I
    > need to be *really awake* to write reasonably good code ... our drugs
    > of choice are stimulants not depressants.

Speak for yourself! :-)

(Then again, I have wierd neuro-chemistry - I have modes where I have a large
over-sppply of natural stimulant... :-)

My group (which included Prof. Jerry Salzter, who's about as straight an arrow
as they make) was remarkably tolerant of my, ah, quirks... I recall at one
point having a giant tank of nitrous under the desk in my office - which they
boggled at, but didn't say anything about! ;-)

      Noel