[TUHS] Were all of you.. Hippies?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:56:27 AEST 2017

Didn't xkcd do a graph of alcohol consumption vs code output? Alcohol isn't
really my thing wrt drugs (I like the taste but don't prefer the effects)
so it doesn't much work for me, but talking with friends, it seems to be a
popular enough thing to do that there must be at least a little basis in
fact (obviously anecdotal too).

I know I used to better at thinking about the best way to approach
something under some influence - but that's not when you want to try to
debug stuff (friends who drink and code agree with that too).

Wrt the thrill of making something work - I dig that. OTOH, if I didn't
have to write code to see stuff get done, I probably wouldn't (or might
switch to something that is just for fun like smalltalk or make joke
projects like cobol on cogs - which is actually kinda cool).