[TUHS] Release of 8th, 9th and 10th Editions Unix

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue Mar 28 06:43:54 AEST 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 06:24:58AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> There are some issues around the copyright of third party material in
> 8th, 9th and 10th Editions Unix, but I'm going to bite the bullet and
> make them available in the Unix Archive. I'll post details later today.

They are now in four subdirectories at
http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/

Here is an (incomplete, I'm sure) list of people who have been involved
with the lobbying for the release of these editions of Unix:

Dennis Ritchie
Ken Thompson
Doug McIlroy
Brian Kernighan
Rob Pike
Russ Cox
Norman Wilson
Peter Salus
Martin Carroll

Martin in particular, through his persistance, finally got the legal
bods at Alcatel-Lucent to agree to not assert their copyright rights.

Cheers, Warren

P.S All I did was nag people and set up a mailing list for them :)