[TUHS] Release of 8th, 9th and 10th Editions Unix

Brad Spencer brad at anduin.eldar.org
Wed Mar 29 03:00:41 AEST 2017

Arthur Krewat <krewat at kilonet.net> writes:

> Not according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun-3
>
> The 3/50 was indeed a "pizza box" according to this, but Brad Spencer's
> images 7A and 7B he purports these are 3/50 boards:
> http://anduin.eldar.org/~brad/sunstuff/ - and those are definitely VME
> form-factor. Although, it's possible it uses only that "custom/private"
> third connector on the VME backplane?

> On 3/28/2017 11:38 AM, Dan Cross wrote:
>> I *think* the 3/50 had a VME bus. As I recall, it was basically a
>> single VME board mounted inside of a pizzabox case.

My understanding is that the 3/50 is indeed some sort of VME system, as
is the 4/110, with some address related oddities.  But it has been a
very long time since I booted a 3/50 up...  The 3/50 I have are in their
cases, I just opened them up for the pictures.

What is not a VME system was the 3/80, which I also have.

--
Brad Spencer - brad at anduin.eldar.org - KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]