[TUHS] 8th Edition Research Unix on SIMH

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:49:14 AEST 2017

    > From: Tim Newsham

    > Would be great if someone scripted it up to make it dog-simple.

But if people just have to press a button (basically), they won't learn
anything. I guess I'm not understanding the point of the exercise? To say they
have V6 running? So what? All they did was press a button. If it's to
experience a retro-computing environment, well, a person who's never used one
of these older systems is going to be kind of lost - what are they going to
do, type 'ls -ls' and look at the output? Not very illuminating. (On V6,
without learning 'ed', they can't even type in a small C program, and compile
and run it.) Sorry, I don't mean to be cranky, but I'm not understanding the
point.

	Noel