[TUHS] 8th Edition Research Unix on SIMH

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Mar 29 14:11:27 AEST 2017

On 03/28/2017 07:45 PM, Noel Chiappa via TUHS wrote:
> Right, but wouldn't they learn more from a clear and concise hand-holding
> which explains what they are doing and why - 'do this which does that to get
> this'?

Sadly, the answer for some of the Jr. Admins that I've had the ... let's
say pleasure ... of working with over the last five years cause me to
first answer "No" and then answer "Yes".

I say "No" because they would get bored and would not actually complete
the task, much less learn anything.  The answer is obviously "Yes" for
those that would complete the task.  -  I found that I had to give
people a caret to get them to want them to put in more effort.  Perhaps
it's just the batch of Jr. Admins that I was dealing with.

I see and completely agree with your point for those that are properly
motivated for the long haul.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die