[TUHS] IP in v8-v10

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:36:02 AEST 2017

> > Can you characterize what the 3rd-party material might be?
>
> Me personally, no. But there are others on the list who can help do this.
> Hopefully they will chime in!

Here's a list, gathered from the manuals, of stuff that Bell Labs
may not have the right to redistribute, with some (uncertain)
attributions of origin. I did not check to see which of them appear in
the TUHS archives; I doubt that /usr/src fully covered /bin and /usr/bin.

This list is at best a first draft. Please weigh in with corrections.

Doug

Kernel internet code. BSD

Imported commands

esterel INRIA
lisp, liszt, lxref MIT
icont, iconc Arizona
macsyma MIT
maple Maplesoft
Mail BSD
matlab Mathworks
more BSD (From the manpage: "More, a paginator that lives up to its name, has
    too many features to describe." Its prodigality has been eclipsed by "less".)
netnews Duke
ops5 CMU
pascal, pc BSD
pxp BSD
readnews, checknews, postnews Duke
sdb BSD
smp Wolfram
spitbol IIT
telnet BSD
tex Stanford
tset BSD
vi, ex, edit BSD

Commands I'm not sure about, could be from Bell Labs

cyntax
news
ropy
strings