[TUHS] Discuss of style and design of computer programs from a user stand point

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Mon May 8 02:33:08 AEST 2017

On 7 May 2017 08:58 -0600, from arnold at skeeve.com:
>>> I don't imagine it would be hard to re-write [uniq] to handle utf-8.
>>
>> It does look like at least GNU coreutils 8.13 uniq is broken in that
>> regard, which frankly surprised me. That version isn't _that_ old.
>
> Are your LC_* env variables set correctly?

I believe so (I don't recall seeing any other UTF-8-related weirdness
for a very long time), but I would want to verify the behavior on a
system that doesn't have a gazillion customizations accumulated over
years _and_ has the most recent version of coreutils before I file an
actual bug report. (It's not like Debian is ever bleeding edge, to
begin with.) I'll see if I spin up a VM or three one of these days to
check.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se