[TUHS] C declarations.

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat May 13 12:45:02 AEST 2017

There's no performance "hit" because it doesn't work now.    There's really
no difference performance or computational complexity wise for

char x[4], y[4];
x = y;
and
struct { char a[4]; } x, y;
x = y;

About the only thing it would have broken (and would still break today), is
the fact that function parameters that are defined to be arrays, really pass
pointers.

char x[4];
void foo(char a[4]);
foo(x);

would be costlier than it is now doing the pass by value.    Of course you
could always fudge if you wanted to pass the pointer by actually doing it
that way...
char x[4]
void foo(char *a);
foo(x);