[TUHS] C declarations.

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 00:48:49 AEST 2017

On 13 May 2017 at 19:21, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2017, Random832 wrote:
>
>> Fortran, for the record, passes nearly everything by reference [...]
>
> And if you passed a constant and the local argument was modified, so was
> the (single instance of) constant...

Probably depends on the implementation.  VAX-FORTRAN passed by
reference (but not on the stack).

Off-topic: I recall a working function that crashed when fed a
constant string.  Spelunking revealed that someone had replaced a
letter-by-letter case-insensitive comparison with a "faster version"
(written in VAX assembler, no less) that converted both arguments to
upper case and then block-compared.

N.