[TUHS] C declarations.

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue May 16 02:58:24 AEST 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017, Michael Kjörling wrote:

> It does print "cdecl> " as a prompt on my system.
[...]
> The man page for mine says 2.5, Jan 1996, and the Debian package
> version says 2.5-11. 1996 in 2017 is old even for Debian.

I've got 2.5 as well (on FreeBSD 10.3), and "set prompt" has no effect.
I even rebuilt it in case there was a later version.

> Are you sure that you don't have a stray alias somewhere, or something
> that might be causing it to misdetect as not running in a terminal?

aneurin% cdecl
Type `help' or `?' for help
set prompt
set options
[...]
Current set values are:
	 noprompt
	   interactive

WTF?

I'll fire up GDB and have a poke around (once I'm properly awake; I only
got up for a glass of water, and couldn't help but check my email).