[TUHS] The evolution of Unix facilities and architecture

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Wed May 17 09:13:03 AEST 2017

On 5/16/2017 6:33 PM, Ron Natalie wrote:
> Our standard joke was that the way you could tell a DEC CE with a flat
> tire was that he had to change all four before he found the problem.

Conversely, at BOCES LIRICS in Dix Hills, NY, we had a field-service
tech who seemed to know every single wire wrap in the PDP-10's. First
the KA10 they had before I got there (but worked on in high school), and
then the KS10's.

Maybe the VAX/PDP-11 crew were different :)

On the other hand, he left in his desk a complete list of KLINIK line
phone numbers (modems connected in parallel with the CTY), and
PASSWORDS, to just about every PDP-10 in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT).