[TUHS] Unix with TCP/IP for small PDP-11s

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 25 01:21:15 AEST 2017

    > From: Paul Ruizendaal

    >>> the 1974 report on Spider

    >> Is that online? If not, any chances you can make it so?

    > It is a paper copy, but I can make a scan for you.

That makes it sounds like it might not be possible to put it online?
What's the exact title, so I can look and see if it's already online?
I'm pretty sure I've got a hardcopy of some Spider thing, but it would
probably take me a while to find it... ;-)

    > I think that in the lifespan of Spider (1972-1978) there were 3 main
    > network programs (basing myself on McIlroy's Unix Reader):
    > - 'nfs' an FTP-like program ...
    > - 'ufs' not sure what it was, but I think a telnet-like facility
    > - 'npr' a network printing program

OK, the only one I have is 'nfs'. Here's the source, and man page:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/unix/s2/nfs.a
  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/unix/man6/nfs.6

	Noel