[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

Charles H. Sauer sauer at technologists.com
Thu Nov 2 09:03:02 AEST 2017

On a personal note, I happened to be at the annual Berkeley Unix Workshop
which started just before the Worm was released
(http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/courses/nidsS05/attacks/seely-RTMworm-89.html).
I'd been invited to speak about the work on AIX & 4.3 convergence
(http://technologists.com/sauer/Convergence_of_AIX_and_4.3BSD.pdf). I was
delighted to finally meet and hang out with people that I only knew by name.
I particularly remember spending time with Keith Bostic and Rick Rashid. As
I remember, the Workshop was conducted almost as planned, with real time
reports of the Worm analysis and control.

Charlie