[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Thu Nov 2 15:53:53 AEST 2017

Having been stupid, to deleterious effect of others, I can't find it
in my heart to condemn it in anyone who clearly had a shitload of
smarts.

I was just selfish (I burned the JANET X.25 budget for the entire
campus, logging into the TOPS-10 typing tutor to get X.25 PAD to a vax
in edinburgh to connect to EMAS and read emails and oh well ok yes
play a lot, a seriously large amount of dungeon. They shut down the
Dec-10 typing tutor account and I was forbidden the network for the
year)

I don't think he actually intended to be that disruptive. In a way,
the person most harmed was Morris Senior, wasn't it?

(I was at CSIRO, and we got "hit" for want of a better word by morris,
but we also got fixed very quickly. From memory, piers dik lauder from
Sydney uni actually kept a mail *@* in ACSNet even after this,
figuring store-and-forward to everyone at everywhere was actually useful)

-G