[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Fri Nov 3 19:25:43 AEST 2017

Ken Thompson via TUHS <tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org> wrote:

> spafford was the prize witness for the
> offense at the trial. strident and evil.

I suspect that he was also still young and fired up about things. :-)
(Not to mention a professor still working towards tenure.)

I was in grad school with Gene at Georgia Tech and still exchange
emails with him every once in a while.  He is most definitely not
a strident and evil *person*, but I can't speak to what happened
in the trial itself.

(In other words, he too probably deserves to be cut some slack.)

My two cents,

Arnold