[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Fri Nov 3 21:20:47 AEST 2017

jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa) wrote:

>     > From: Arnold Skeeve
                     ^^^^^^ Skeeve is my domain. Robbins is my last name.

>     > I suspect that he was also still young and fired up about things. :-)
>     > ...
>     > (In other words, he too probably deserves to be cut some slack.)
>
> Much as RTM was cut some slack?

I should have said "cut some slack now".

I don't disagree with the rest of what you've said.

> The thing is there's a key difference. RTM didn't _intend_ to melt down the
> network, whereas Gene presumbly - hopefully - thought about it for a while
> before he made his call to inflict severe punishment.

And had he been a bit older and wiser, he might have done things
differently.

Whatever. I dn't want to get into an argument, since I am singularly
unfamiliar with the details of the case.  I merely point at that
Spafford is human too.

Thanks,

Arnold