[TUHS] Trouble wih TUHS rsync

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Nov 5 12:36:09 AEST 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Hmmm...  OK, thanks all; looks like I get to debug my firewall.

Problem found; I had the audacity to elevate the security on my router
from "medium" to "custom" (so I could define some IP blocks against some
persistent spam sources) and it took out NTP/WHOIS/RSYNC/you-name-it as
well; I'd say that it helpfully blocked all UDP or something.

The filters never did work anyway; if ever you see a Sagecomm F at st 5355
(yeah, a wanky name, so you can imagine the target audience) wireless
router then run, do not walk, away from it, as it's a bucket of putrid
snot.