[TUHS] origins of void*

Steve Simon steve at quintile.net
Mon Nov 6 04:29:12 AEST 2017

I started out on Edition 7, this was
the interdata / perkin elmer port of v7 (based on Richard Milker’s work at Wollongong with some bits of 2.4BSD added in (csh and vi i remember).

i remember this having a modified v6 compiler which had the shared namespace fir all structure members (hence the stat.st_mtime and friends). but it also had structure assignment and enums.

anyone know where this fits into the compiler evolution, or was it an evolutionary dead end?

-Steve