[TUHS] origins of void*

Steve Simon steve at quintile.net
Mon Nov 6 07:53:34 AEST 2017

Hi,

Thinking about it some more,  the compiler and linker only checked the first 7 or 8 characters - so I had to use hash8 (comp.sources.unix I think) to port JOVE.

It also didn’t support a dynamically growing stack segment, so you had to use setstack(1) if you had an aggressively recursive code, the though I assume this was a kernel or hardware limitation rather than a compiler feature.

-Steve