[TUHS] Literal character escapes in v7

Don Hopkins don at DonHopkins.com
Wed Nov 8 01:33:59 AEST 2017

I have always been a proponent of generalizing /dev/zero such that it supports both block and character mode, and the minor node number specifies the byte you get mapped into memory or read from a file.

So then you could just make a character device /dev/backspace whose minor node number was 8, and /dev/beep whose minor node number was 7!

-Don