[TUHS] origins of void* -- Apology!

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Thu Nov 9 05:59:13 AEST 2017

The “story” was the reticence to require something that MIGHT take additional instructions.     Again, this stems from yet another overload of char, that of a small numeric type (many languages do not treat characters as integers).     The idea was to let char be the regular char type and if you were going to do math on it, you’d better explicitly state signed/unsigned, of course, people get sloppy leading to the bugs you noted.