[TUHS] 80 columns ...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:52:03 AEST 2017

So, 80 column folks, would you find this
a(b,
c,
d)

more readable than
a(b,c,d)

(this is a real example, with slightly shortened names)

would you have code review software that automatically bounces out lines
that are 82 columns wide? How far does this go?

I do recall 80 column monitors, but I started on 132 column decwriter IIs
and hence have never had sympathy for 80 columns. It's weird that so many
punched-card standards are required in our code bases now (see: Linux).

 moving away from serious ... (look for Presottos' I feel so liberated ...)

http://comp.os.plan9.narkive.com/4W8iThHW/9fans-acme-fonts