[TUHS] DH11 flaw Was: pre-more pager?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Nov 9 07:49:37 AEST 2017

I've forgotten the details now, so I'll have look at the prints when I get
home, but think i remember that Ken had a strap on the DHDM that corrected
this.  But I do remember the discussion.   I have not idea where it was.
 I have a file of 'coms stuff' at home (paper of course).   I'll look to
see if it's in there.

Reading the McNamara interview, sadly he (like many folks) considered the
DZ to have modem control.   It had >>partial<< support, while the DH (with
the DM option) had full.   The difference is important.

Dave Cane (HW lead on the 750) used the DZ as his model for the original
MC-500 serial ports -- what a mess.   Here it is be had a real-time machine
and could not keep the clock straight for the first couple of versions of
the OS because the HW was dorked.  [Later systems did it properly].

Clem