[TUHS] margins and indenting, and arbitrary c rules

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Nov 10 02:03:19 AEST 2017

    > From: Don Hopkins

    > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/268132/invert-if-statement-to-reduce-nesting/8493256

Thanks for that - interesting read. (Among other things, it explains where the
'only have one return, at the end' comes from - which I never could understand.)

    > Nested if statements have more 'join' points where control flow merges
    > back together at the end instead of bailing out early

Exactly. In high-level terms, it's much like having a ton of goto's. Yes, the
_syntax_ is different, but the semantics - and understanding how it works - is
the same - i.e. hard.

    Noel