[TUHS] Dennis's V6 root tape

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 07:24:45 AEST 2017

On 11/11/17 3:07 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Will Senn
>
>      > I then extracted 101 blocks from the image (tmrk, a bootblock, and who
>      > knows what else, but seriously what else is on those first 100 blocks?)
>
> http://gunkies.org/wiki/Installing_UNIX_Sixth_Edition#Installation_tape_contents
>
>      > I thought the Ken Wellsch tape was basically the same as the Dennis
>      > Ritchie disks, but now I'm not so sure
>
> http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/V6Unix.html#Initial
>
>      > Makes me curious to see what else is different.
>
> Nothing.
>
> 	Noel

Thanks Noel. I remember reading this way, way back, before I even knew
what an RK05 was! I do love reinventing the wheel every couple of years.
Still, I'm learning interesting stuff this go-round and I'm glad it
wasn't my own notes :).

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF