[TUHS] Ken visits Cray Research Inc and finds old bug

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Tue Nov 14 00:14:29 AEST 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 09:10:43PM -0800, Ken Thompson via TUHS wrote:
> 1. i visited eta (they were trying to make
> a supercomputer - eta10 - that was supposed to
> escape all the problems of software by porting
> unix. i tested it and found a dozen bugs.

Well that sucks, it would have been good to meet you.  I was there,
unless it was fairly late in the cycle and it was when I was in Japan
at TIT.  Do you remember when this was?

If anyone cares, this is a pic of the people that did the Unix port
(and SO's, it was some party).

http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/photos/ancient/26.html