[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Thu Nov 16 07:54:17 AEST 2017

I was at Rutgers at the time.   We heard of the work and chased down one
copy we had on an ancillary machine.   Most of it's exploited bugs were ones
I had known about for a long time and had taken care of.
After spending a bit of time confirming we'd cleaned things up, I headed off
to a meeting in DC.

Then all hell broke loose.   Not because of the worm itself, but the next
day the media caught up with it and the phone rang off the hook at the
computer center with every news outlet in the state wanting to know what was
going on.    Fortunately, Chuck was still there to answer questions (he's
much more patient with pinheaded reporters than I am anyhow).