[TUHS] Happy birthday, Morris Worm!

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Thu Nov 16 12:41:55 AEST 2017

Ah, yes. Empire.   Amusingly the thing self-limited to 60 minutes of connect
time plus your moves were restricted by the number of BTUs (Bureaucratic
Time Units) your capital generated.
People used to play this at lunch at BRL.    However they'd capture maps and
other dumps from the game and then spend hours in the afternoon planning
tomorrow's strategy.    Finally, the director put an end to it.   He told us
computer geeks to remove the game from the system.    My coworker suggested
to the director (a man named Robert J. Eichelberger, the Army expert in
shaped charges) that he just make the games inaccessible but not remove them
from our source archives, saying it was like ripping pages out of a
dictionary just because you didn't like the words.

I faked an email shortly thereafter.

Mr. Miles

Please remove the following pages from your dictionary:   234, 342, 411.

Thank You
-Hasp.