[TUHS] TECO was: Re: basic tools / Universal Unix

Jim Capp jcapp at anteil.com
Thu Nov 16 14:36:52 AEST 2017

You are not the only one !!!

From: "Dave Horsfall" <dave at horsfall.org>
To: "The Eunuchs Hysterical Society" <tuhs at tuhs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:34:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TUHS] TECO was: Re: basic tools / Universal Unix

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> `:noh' turns off the highlighting of the current matches.
> They start again on the next search, e.g. `n'.
> In less(1), it's `Esc u'.

Speaking of which, am I the only one annoyed by Penguin/OS' silly coloured
"ls" output? I can never remember how to turn off that frippery, as the
contrast is particularly hard on my eyes; the minimalist "F" flag works
just fine.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Those who don't understand security will suffer."