[TUHS] Determining what was on a tape back in the day

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 21 05:42:41 AEST 2017

    > From: Will Senn

    > I'm off to refreshing my pdp-11 assembly language skills...

A couple of things that might help:

- assemble mboot.s and 'od' the result, so when you see something that matches
  in the dump of the 0th block, you can look back at the assembler source, to see
  what the source looks like

- read the boot block into a PDP-11 debugger ('db' or 'cdb' on V6, 'adb' on
  V7; I _think_ 'adb' was available on V7, if not, there are some BSD's that
  have it) and use that to disassmble the code

	Noel