[TUHS] TROFF made trivial

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:41:14 AEST 2017

On 11/20/17 4:00 PM, Warner Losh wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Leah Neukirchen <leah at vuxu.org
> <mailto:leah at vuxu.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I found this paper by bwk referenced in the Unix manpages,
>     in v4 as: TROFF Made Trivial (unpublished),
>     in v5 as: TROFF Made Trivial (internal memorandom),
>     also in the v6 "Unix Reading List",
>     but not anymore in v7.
>
>     Anyone have a copy or a scan?
>

> Or is this some subtle in-joke they got tired of explaining :)
>
> Warner

Is it what became known as "A TROFF Tutorial" in Volume 2 of the v7
manual and was available as early as October 11, 1976 as referenced by
Ossana in NROFF⁄TROFF User’s Manual as:

 1.

    [5]  B. W. Kernighan, A TROFF Tutorial, Bell Laboratories internal
    memorandum

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF