[TUHS] First CRT terminal on Unix?

Robert Diamond rob at robdiamond.com
Wed Nov 22 22:22:26 AEST 2017

The first non-printing terminal I remember seeing at Bell Labs was the Tektronix 4014. The image (green phosphors) was “painted” on the screen and would remain until an erase function was executed. (I seem to remember that this action made a soft audible “pop” sound).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektronix_4010

---
Robert Diamond
rob at robdiamond.com