[TUHS] First CRT terminal on Unix?

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Nov 23 03:15:37 AEST 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017, at 11:42, Ben Greenfield via TUHS wrote:
> > On Nov 22, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:
> > As far as I know (and I've gone looking for this specifically, oddly
> > enough, out of idle curiosity), no version of termcap/terminfo has
> > contained a description for the VT05.
>
> For those who are reading about this as history and didn’t live it this
> experience this statement needs more background.

Sorry, no help there, I'm reading it as history too. I've just looked
through a lot of the (at least publicly available) historical versions
of the termcap/terminfo stuff in particular, and I looked for VT05
descriptions in particular since it seemed odd to me that even the
modern ncurses terminfo doesn't contain a description for it when it
includes so many other DEC terminals.