[TUHS] A man easter-egg (gimme gimme gimme)

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 07:22:53 AEST 2017

Hi Ron,

> Years ago at BRL, we had a division chief that typed with only two
> fingers.

Being able to touch-type is a boon to the programmer, but I did work
with one old-timer used to writing and having someone else do the
punching.

When forced to use one of these fangled electronic keyboards, he would
sit and think for a while and then hunt-and-peck out up to a dozen
lines, no editing required, then resume thinking.  I suppose it was the
equivalent of not having to rub out what he'd just written.

Ian Fleming, I think, being a hack first before a novelist, said
something about not starting to type a sentence until you know how it's
going to end.  Typing-correction fluid was probably the start of the
slippery slope.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy