[TUHS] TTY8

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Tue Nov 28 20:02:44 AEST 2017

Heh.  This thread got me looking at a piece of software I wrote a long
time ago -- a utility to help you configure the components of a Q-bus or
UNIBUS system with the correct CSRs and interrupt vectors for DEC
operating systems to recognize them during autoconfiguration.  It's in
the archive, and called sysgen, because it's a clone of the relevant
part of VAX/VMS SYSGEN.

Anyway, it turns out my tool has had a bug in it since 2004, that kept
it from working correctly with boards that need specific CSR settings,
but have their interrupt vectors in floating space -- like the DC11,
which is why I noticed the problem now.

The corrected version is at https://www.hamartun.priv.no/tih/sysgen.tar.Z

I'll ask Warren to replace the one in the archive.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay