[TUHS] Unix on PDP8?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Nov 30 12:37:03 AEST 2017

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017, Robert Swierczek wrote:

> Maybe pdp7-unix could be ported/rewritten. I'm guessing the available
> memory would be the biggest issue.

Wasn't extended memory on the -8 bank-switched via the IOT instruction?

It reminds me of what we did with AUSAM back at UNSW; the current buffer
"b" (similar to "u") was mapped via KISA5 (?) into whatever was at 0150000
(?), so you could have as many buffers as you wanted, limited by physical
memory (I think).