Mangled and non-mangled TUHS mail lists

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Wed Oct 4 05:21:23 AEST 2017

> On Oct 3, 2017, at 3:12 AM, Steve Nickolas <usotsuki at buric.co> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Grant Taylor wrote:
>
>> On 10/02/2017 08:19 PM, Steve Nickolas wrote:
>>> For me at least, in such cases, I have never gotten duplicates.
>>
>> Steve:
>>
>> Do you receive the email from the list?  Or the person that hit Reply-to-All?
>>
>> Mailman has a feature to not send you a copy from the list if you were a direct recipient (To or Cc.)
>
> That's as it should be. ;)

I prioritize mail directly addressed to me; while reading most
mailing lists is an idle time process. For this reason I move
list messages to list specific folders via mail filters.  I
dispose of my own copy after responding to it (if also posted
to a mailing list). Given this style, I prefer receiving a
directly addressed copy as well as one re-sent via the list
manager and most lists do do this.  For groups like TUHS I have
to remember to manually move a message from inbox after I deal
with it. Not a big deal but....