Mangled and non-mangled TUHS mail lists

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Oct 5 06:59:22 AEST 2017

Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
 |On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |>|I think that modifying the subject to add a tag is a perfectly valid
 |>|thing.  As such, provisions should make such modifications /possible/.
 |>|Then leave the choice of doing so or not up to each list's
 |>|administrator.
 |>
 |> As has happened recently.  Sure.
 |
 |Except Warren did it backwards; he should've left the original list as it
 |was, and migrated those with fussy clients to the new list.

Waves and material of various nature pervades us, for example
100 billion Neutrinos per second per fingertip i have learned
a few days ago.  To let it be consciously can thus not only be
seen as waving a red flag, but also as an indication of maturity,
as could have been teached by a ML guru.  Is that exaggerated.

I have turned on DKIM stripping for these tiny lists of mine.
That is not polite to people who use DKIM to say the least, shall
there be any, but i am not (experienced as) an administrator,
i have a very restricted (ridiculous to most of you for sure)
working environment and all i want is that this mess works
smoothly, so that i can spend time on things i have interest in.
And whereas i avoid a footer that would introduce a MIME multipart
where otherwise there would be none, i do prepend something to the
subject, because i like to see this.  It is a small project, and
people should have the possibility to visually degrade it and come
back when they have time for it.  Or something like this.  You
know, small projects of little interest cannot act as if they were
giants.  Of course you can pre-select on headers as in 'from
@<@tuhs\.org', but i never used this style of inbox stuff, i am
reading top-down, some mails keep lingering for later, but they
will be read and then dispatched, not vice versa, and this way of
doing things requires some easy visual thread methody.  Hm.

--steffen