[TUHS] New PDF version of Installing and Using Research Unix Version 7 In the SimH PDP-11/45 and 11/70 Emulators

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 03:58:52 AEST 2017

Hi Gregg,

In addition to Mint, I just confirmed the instructions work without
modification on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (the $30 dollar pi comes with a
quad core 900MHz 32 bit ARM processor with 1GB Ram and a slot for my 32
GB Micro SD for storage). I'm sure the rpi3 works, but faster (quad core
1GHz, 64 bit ARM, better design...). My system reports:

uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.9.41-v7+ #1023 SMP Tue Aug 8 16:00:15 BST 2017
armv7l GNU/Linux

cat /etc/debian_version
9.1

Sure, it's slower than my MacBook Pro, but that just makes it seem more
realistic (pseudo realistic for sure, it's still orders of magnitude
faster than a real PDP 11).

Later,

Will